It is a great honor for me to work for Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary. We were founded in 1998 by Dr. Jane Goodall, and a group of founding trustees. The sanctuary, located on Uganda’s Lake Victoria, is home to 48 chimpanzees that have been rescued from the illegal wildlife trade. They live on 95 acres of pristine forest habitat. The chimpanzee in my video is 7 year old Sarah, and she is one my favorites. These great apes are a highly endangered species, and their conservation is critical. We share 98.7% of our DNA with the chimpanzees. Please visit http://www.NgambaIsland.org.
I am the CEO of Christopher Austria Safaris Ltd., a unique travel company based in Kampala, Uganda. I lead wildlife, and cultural safaris in Uganda, and Rwanda. I am also wildlife conservationist, photographer, videographer, and founder of Chris Austria Productions LLC. Our mission is to empower communities and conserve wildlife through film, photography, and music. We are filming a documentary in Uganda on the strong connection between community development, rural health care, and wildlife conservation.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Chris Austria Music Productions
- 3 tools to promote sustainable fishing and end human rights abuses
- After 51 years, swift foxes return to the grasslands of Fort Belknap Indian Reservation in Montana
- New project will help improve 1 million acres of grasslands to help fight the climate crisis
- Thermal technology promises to halt poaching of rhinos
- The future of flight in an era of climate crisis