It is a great honor for me to work for Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary. We were founded in 1998 by Dr. Jane Goodall, and a group of founding trustees. The sanctuary, located on Uganda’s Lake Victoria, is home to 48 chimpanzees that have been rescued from the illegal wildlife trade. They live on 95 acres of pristine forest habitat. The chimpanzee in my video is 7 year old Sarah, and she is one my favorites. These great apes are a highly endangered species, and their conservation is critical. We share 98.7% of our DNA with the chimpanzees. Please visit http://www.NgambaIsland.org.
I am the CEO of Christopher Austria Safaris Ltd., a unique travel company based in Kampala, Uganda. I lead wildlife, and cultural safaris in Uganda, and Rwanda. I am also wildlife conservationist, photographer, videographer, and founder of Chris Austria Productions LLC. Our mission is to empower communities and conserve wildlife through film, photography, and music. We are filming a documentary in Uganda on the strong connection between community development, rural health care, and wildlife conservation.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Chris Austria Music Productions
- A landmark snow leopard collaring in Nepal
- Blood-free honey — How a safer harvesting program is reducing deadly human-tiger conflicts
- Rosebud Sioux Tribe will create the largest native-owned and managed bison herd in North America
- The first rule of gorilla tracking? Listen well
- Tiger spotted at record-high elevation in Nepal