The wildlife in Rwanda’s Akagera National Park is abundant. African Wart Hogs are so comical to watch. They will always make me laugh. I took care of the Wart Hogs at San Francisco Zoo, and they will always be one of my favourite animals.
My passions in life are wildlife conservation, animals, travel, food, wine, cultures, traditions, and learning languages. I worked with tigers and lions for many years in the U.S. This experience inspired within me a deep desire to protect endangered species. Currently, I am working for Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Uganda. During my time here in East Africa, I have seen the importance of community based eco-tourism, and conservation.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Chris Austria Music Productions
- 2018: A Year in Stunning Conservation Photography
- WWF and partners share a new tool for studying—and saving—coral reefs
- Imperiled polar bears face new threat in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Our planet is warming. Here’s what’s at stake if we don’t act now.
- Dishing the dirt on the secret life of soil