Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary was founded in 1998 by Dr. Jane Goodall, and a group of founding trustees. Home to 46 chimps that have been rescued from the illegal wildlife trade, the sanctuary provides 95 acres of pristine habitat for these Great Apes. Music produced by Celeste Lear.
My passions in life are wildlife conservation, animals, travel, food, wine, cultures, traditions, and learning languages. I worked with tigers and lions for many years in the U.S. This experience inspired within me a deep desire to protect endangered species. Currently, I am working for Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Uganda. During my time here in East Africa, I have seen the importance of community based eco-tourism, and conservation.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Chris Austria Music Productions
- Plans for mega dams put Argentina’s Santa Cruz River—its wildlife, local livelihoods, and Perito Moreno Glacier—at risk
- An 83% decline of freshwater animals underscores the need to keep rivers connected and flowing
- In a blow to wildlife, China lifts a ban on the use of tiger and rhino parts
- Tackling plastic pollution in the Galápagos
- We’re one step closer to keeping trash and plastic out of our oceans