It’s a breathtaking experience to be around the Gelada Monkeys, as they go about their lives in the Simien, northern Ethiopia. This spectacular area is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The Gelada are an endemic species, found only in this East African country. Music produced by Celeste Lear.
My passions in life are wildlife conservation, animals, travel, food, wine, cultures, traditions, and learning languages. I worked with tigers and lions for many years in the U.S. This experience inspired within me a deep desire to protect endangered species. Currently, I am working for Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary in Uganda. During my time here in East Africa, I have seen the importance of community based eco-tourism, and conservation.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Chris Austria Music Productions
- WWF to help Starbucks build better stores for the planet
- In central Sumatra, the Talang Mamak people work to build a sustainable honey business and protect precious forests
- How to standup paddle board—and help wildlife at the same time
- In Mozambique, banning fishing leads to a bigger catch
- Musician Tristan Prettyman to headline at Panda Paddle